Ever had WiFi issues on your iPhone? Your iPhone communicates with the sites you visit using an IP address. Just like other devices, iPhone has a unique IP address that is automatically assigned to the device. A site would not know where to send information without an IP address. Usually, the IP address will remain the same, and you don’t need to change it. However, if you have encountered any connectivity issues, change iPhone IP address to resolve the issue. So, to access the internet, it’s essential to maintain a valid IP address.
Methods to change IP address on iPhone
There are various ways you can change IP address on iPhone and overcome the connectivity issues. Some commonly faced WiFi issues by iPhone users are wireless not connecting, greyed out WiFi icon, and poor network signal.
If you are an iPhone user and experiencing any of these connectivity issues, we got you covered. This article will cover all the most straightforward methods you can follow to change your IP address on your iPhone. The methods you can follow to change IP address on iPhone are explained below:
How to change iPhone IP address by entering static IP?
You can change the IP address of your iPhone manually, and it requires you to have complete control over the WiFi router, or you should have a static IP assigned to you by your network administrator. The static IP can help you use your phone as a Wi-Fi camera, run a mobile web server, share portable files with FTP server software, and a lot more. The steps below will help you enter a static IP address on your iPhone:
- The first thing to do is to click on the Settings icon on your iPhone’s Home Screen.
- Secondly, search for the WiFi icon and click on it.
- You will see all nearby networks listed, and they also include the one you are connected to.
- Click on the “information” icon on the extreme right side of the name of that network.
- The next thing that appears is the interface with the settings of the WiFi network.
- Click on the Configure IP option that is located in the IPV4 ADDRESS section.
- Once the Configure IP section appears, search and click on the” Manual IP” option.
- Finally, enter your static IP address and the corresponding sub net Mask and Router address and save the details.
By renewing the lease
If you continue to face network conflicts, renewing a DHCP lease is also a standard protocol for troubleshooting network problems and connection issues with routers. This method helps retrieve a new IP address from the DHCP router and fill the other DHCP info as well:
- Open the settings on your iPhone and go to Wi-Fi
- Find the network your iPhone is connected to and tap on the info button.
- Under the DHCP tab, reveal “Renew Lease,” and tap on it and make sure to renew the lease.
- The network fields will clear out and refill the new IP address and other standard DHCP networking information.
How to change IP address on iPhone through VPN?
iPhone offers users an option to connect to a VPN that changes their IP address. The traffic through a third-party computer and a virtual network encrypts the information sent from the iPhone. It hides your IP and protects the data being sent.
- The manual setup option can be accessed using the VPN option in the settings app General section.
- Once you’re done with that, the next thing is to save the information for a VPN provider and save the configuration.
- You can get the information required from the network administrator or the VPN provider’s site.
- VPN service assigns a different IP address to your iPhone with each new connection.
- Disconnect and reconnect to the internet to get a new IP address if you’re using a VPN.
As a way of concluding this article, it’s frustrating to have our iPhones encounter connectivity issues, and we should do something we can to end such issues as soon as possible.
If you are looking for ways to change iPhone IP address, there are some methods that are quite easy to follow and get rid of the underlying connectivity issues being encountered on your iPhone.
Therefore, we have explained the simplest and hassle-free ways to get you out of trouble. You can use any of the methods explained above to get rid of the IP address problem. If you’re serious about your privacy and concerned about a protected usage, you can use a premium VPN service.
Use a VPN service, and it will be the easiest way to change IP address across your devices. VPNs are good for the security and privacy of the user.